This collection gives teachers access to foundational principles of democracies including rule of law, limited government and checks and balances. It can be used to build background knowledge to analyze the health of our democracy over time and in today’s environment.
Essential Questions include:
- What systems attempt to limit government power?
- Where does the government gain its authority in a democracy?
- What is the rule of law and how does it play out in democracies?
- What are ways of measuring the health of a democracy?
- What recourses are in place to ensure the health of democracy?