Visit Us at the NCSS Conference
Stop by the Civics Renewal Network Village in the exhibit hall at the NCSS Conference on Nov. 22-23 in Austin, Texas. Teachers will find hundreds of classroom resources and civics programs at our partners’ booths, and we’ll have great giveaways. And don’t miss Session #234: “Get ready for the 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment,” presented by CRN partners. Friday, Nov. 22, 1-1:55 pm in Room 18C Level 4, Austin Convention Center.
The Thirteen Colonies
This unit from the Core Knowledge Foundation explores the development of three regions of English colonies using primary source documents and imaginative narratives. Across 35 lessons, students explore Jamestown, labor by indentured servants, and the reliance on enslaved workers in the southern colonies, look at the motives influencing the Pilgrims and Puritans in New England and the financial and religious reasons for settling the Middle Colonies.
For more resources from the Core Knowledge Foundation, go here.
Our American Government
- Civics Renewal Network: A round-up of summer institutes. Learn more.
- ConSource: Virtual Supreme Court Competition for high school students. Learn more.
- National Archives: New recorded webinar shows how to teach with political cartoons. Watch here.
- James Madison Memorial Fellowship Foundation: $24,000 graduate fellowships. Learn more.
- National Archives: Download posters about the 19th Amendment. Learn more.