Podcasts on Impeachment
Check out the 60-Second Civics podcasts from the Center for Civic Education for a collection of resources on impeachment. Learn about the process of impeachment; impeachment and judicial review as two important checks on government; and find examples.
For more resources from the Center for Civic Education, go here.
Free Speech Essentials
From censorship to cyberbullying, the First Amendment’s freedoms are as hotly contested as ever. This EDCollection from NewseumED explores 16 free speech debates ranging from the founding of our nation to recent headlines to illustrate what free speech actually means, where it comes from, and how far it can go. This collection is designed to meet the needs of a wide range of circumstances and curricula. Whether you’re a social studies teacher looking for a complete unit or an English teacher looking to spend a single class period on free expression, there’s something for everyone. NewseumED registration required.
For more resources from NewseumED, go here.
The Constitution on DocsTeach.org
- Bill of Rights Institute: Think the Vote debate prompts help teach students about current events. Learn more.
- Civics Renewal Network: Going to NCSS? The CRN session will focus on the 19th Amendment. Learn more.
- National Archives: New recorded webinar shows how to teach with political cartoons. Watch here.
- Street Law: Two fall SCOTUS in the Classroom cases announced. Learn more.
- Street Law: New videos demonstrate teaching strategies. Learn more.